The MONOPOLY Live Game
MONOPOLY Live is a Dream Catcher Edition of one the world’s most well-known board games. The objective of the game is to predict the segment the wheel is going to stop at after the spin.
The game also features a Bonus game that will take you to a virtual 3D MONOPOLY board, where Mr MONOPOLY walks around the board and collects prizes for you. The walk is determined by a pair of dice. You qualify for the Bonus game by placing bets on ‘2 ROLLS’ and ‘4 ROLLS’. If you have not placed either of these bets, you will still see the Bonus game, but you cannot win any prizes in it.
The MONOPOLY name and logo, the distinctive design of the gameboard, the four corner squares, the MR. MONOPOLY name and character, as well as each of the distinctive elements of the board and playing pieces are trademarks of Hasbro for its property trading game and game equipment. ©1935, 2019 Hasbro. All rights reserved.
Main game Simply place your bet on a segment you believe the wheel will stop at: 1, 2, 5, 10, ‘2 ROLLS’ or ‘4 ROLLS’. The game host then spins the wheel. When it comes to a stop, the winning segment is indicated by the pointer at the top of the wheel. If the wheel stops at the segment you have placed your bet on, you win.
All bets are paid with the odds matching the number in the winning segment: e.g. winning number 5 pays 5 to 1, winning number 10 pays 10 to 1, and so on. The bet placed on the winning segment is returned together with your winnings. The ‘CHANCE’ segments If the wheel stops on a ‘CHANCE’ segment, you will be given a card with a cash prize or a multiplier bonus.
- If you have won a cash prize, your bet is returned on top of your winnings.
- If you have won a multiplier bonus, all your bets remain in place. The game presenter will spin the wheel again, and the multiplier won will multiply the winnings. If you get a multiplier once more, your multipliers will be multiplied. For example, if you bet R100 on segment 5 and you get a Chance card with an 8x multiplier you will win 100 x 5 x 8 which is equal to 4000. If the next spin is a Bonus game, you will only win if you placed a bet on ‘2 ROLLS’ or ‘4 ROLLS’.
- To participate in the Bonus game, place a bet on ‘2 ROLLS’ or ’4 ROLLS’. If the wheel stops at either ‘2 ROLLS’ or ‘4 ROLLS’, the Bonus game starts.
- The Bonus game is played with two dice. If the wheel lands on ‘2 ROLLS’, the pair of dice will be rolled twice. Mr MONOPOLY will walk around the 3D MONOPOLY board and collect your cash and multiplier prizes. If the wheel lands on ‘4 ROLLS’, the dice will be rolled four times.
- The MONOPOLY board has the same layout as a regular MONOPOLY game: Properties, Utilities, Free Parking, Railways, Taxes, Jail/Go to Jail, Chance/Community Chest and GO.
- When you enter the Bonus game, Properties, Utilities, Railways and Free Parking have basic prizes.
- After the dice are rolled, the virtual Mr MONOPOLY walks the distance as shown by the dice on the MONOPOLY board. Your total Bonus game winnings will be displayed and added to your Bonus win. If Mr MONOPOLY stops on ‘Go to Jail’ space and moves to the Jail space, then doubles (two same numbers on the dice) must be rolled to get out. All your previous Bonus winnings remain.
- If a double is rolled, you get an additional free dice roll, except when doubles are used to get out of Jail.
- If Chance or Community Chest is your stop on the board, you can win either a random cash prize or receive a fee.
- During the Bonus game taxes and fees will only be deducted if your Bonus winnings allow it.
- When you pass ‘GO’ all the prizes thereafter on the board will be doubled.
- On the board, Income tax will reduce your Bonus winnings by 10% and Supertax will reduce your winnings by 20%.
- When no more rolls are left, the Bonus game is over, and all your Bonus winnings are paid, together with your initial bet. You return to the main game.
Maximum payout for your all winnings within a game round is limited. For details see the Bet Limit table.
Please note that any malfunction voids the game round and all eventual payouts for the round.
Return to player
The optimal theoretical return-to-player (RTP) percentage is 96.23%.
The BET LIMITS panel heading shows the minimum and maximum allowed bet limits at the table.
To participate in the game, you must have sufficient funds to cover your bets. You can see your current BALANCE on your screen.
The TRAFFIC LIGHTS tell you the current status in the game round by informing you of when you can bet (GREEN light), when the betting time is nearly over (YELLOW light), and when betting time has expired (RED light).
The CHIP DISPLAY allows you to select the value of each chip you wish to bet. Only chips of denominations that can be covered by your current balance will be enabled.
Once you have selected a chip, place your bet by simply clicking/tapping the appropriate betting spot in front of the wheel.
Each time you click/tap the betting spot, the amount of your bet increases by the value of the selected chip or up to the maximum limit for the type of bet you have selected.
Once you have bet the maximum limit, no additional funds will be accepted for that bet, and a message will appear above your bet to notify you that you have bet the maximum.
You can also click/tap the BET ON ALL button which allows you to place a bet on all bet spots. The value of your selected chip will be placed on all bet spots simultaneously.
NOTE: Please do not minimise your browser or open any other tab in your browser while betting time remains, and you have placed bets on the table. Such actions will be interpreted as leaving the game, and your bets will therefore be declined for that particular game round. The DOUBLE button becomes available after you have placed any bet. Each click/tap doubles all your bets up to the maximum limit. Note that you must have a sufficient account balance to double ALL your placed bets.
The REPEAT button allows you to repeat all bets from the previous game round. This button is available only before the first chip is placed.
The UNDO button removes the last bet you placed.
You can click/tap the UNDO button repeatedly to remove bets, one by one, in the reverse order of which they were placed. You can clear all your bets by holding the UNDO button.
The TOTAL BET indicator displays the total amount of all bets placed in the current round.
Once you have placed a bet, Autoplay allows you to repeat your selected bet or bets for a chosen number of game rounds.
To start Autoplay, place your bets on the betting grid as usual and then click/tap the Autoplay button.
The Autoplay panel will then open, and from here you simply select the number of game rounds you would like your bet to be repeated in. Then click/tap START to Autoplay.
You can keep track of the number of Autoplay rounds remaining as they are displayed in an indicator on the Autoplay button.
Your Autoplay limit will be displayed in the Autoplay panel. (Example: a total bet of R200 made on the betting grid followed by x10 Autoplay rounds selected by you = Autoplay limit of R2000.)
Your automatic game rounds will continue until either your chosen number of Autoplay rounds is complete, or you choose to stop Autoplay.
You can end Autoplay at any time simply by stopping Autoplay.
Placing additional bets on the betting grid or doubling your bets while Autoplay is running will also stop Autoplay.
Use the CHAT button to enlarge or, alternatively, to close the chat window.
You can resize and move the chat window anywhere on your screen.
Each game round is identified by a unique GAME NUMBER.
This number reflects when the game round began in terms of GMT by hour: minute: second. Please use this game number for reference (or take a screenshot of the game number) if you wish to contact Customer Support regarding a particular round.
The SOUND button will mute/unmute all game sounds and voice from the game. Note that if you change tables, the sound will automatically unmute.
You can alter your sound settings by clicking/tapping the SETTINGS button and then selecting the SOUND tab.
The HISTORY button will launch a window showing all live game rounds you have played and the results of those rounds.
You can review your past gaming activity by viewing your:
- ACCOUNT HISTORY – Shows your complete account history as a list of dates, games, bet amounts and payouts. The game round completed most recently appears at the top of the list.
- GAME HISTORY – Shows your history related to a particular game once you click/tap the game in the GAME column.
The SETTINGS button launches a menu of user-changeable settings.
Your chosen settings will be applied at once and will be stored to your profile. Stored settings will be launched automatically when you log in from any device.
You can alter settings to change your general game settings.
Settings are organised under several main tabs in the SETTINGS window:
- General - You can hide/unhide other players’ chat messages.
- Video - Your video quality is auto-adjusted, but you can manually change your video quality by selecting the specific stream.
- Sound - You can mute/unmute your DEALER’S VOICE and GAME SOUND and adjust their relative volumes.
Deposit & withdraw
The CASHIER button will open the cashier/banking window for deposits and withdrawals.
The RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING button allows you to access the page outlining the Responsible Gambling policy. This page provides useful information and links regarding responsible online gambling behaviour and how to set limitations to your game sessions.
If there is any error in the game, system or game procedure, the game round will be temporarily paused while the dealer notifies the shift manager. You and other players will be notified via Chat, or by an on-screen pop-up message, that the issue is being investigated. If the manager can immediately resolve the error, the game round will continue as normal. If immediate resolution is not possible, the game round will be cancelled, and initial bets will be refunded to all players who participated in the game round.
If you are disconnected from a game round, any placed bets remain valid and are settled in your absence. Upon reconnecting, you can view bet outcomes in the History window.
The LOBBY button (if applicable) can be selected at any time from any game.
It allows you to easily change game table or select any other live game. You will not be removed from this game until you have actually selected the new game/table you wish to join. You can use the LOBBY to browse other games while still playing in your current game.
Shortcut keys can be used to quickly perform useful game functions.
Maximum table limit: R25,000.