LottoStar donates R100,000 to creche owner, Tanya van Rooyen, whose house was tragically destroyed on Sunday by a fire.
“Everything burned down within 10 to 15 minutes”, cried Tanya.
During her struggle to open the door, Tanya didn't realize that her house had caught fire when she returned home from work on Sunday. The fire quickly spread to the point of a devastating explosion after she opened the door.
Unfortunately, Tanya was not able to do anything but watch her house burn down with everything inside, leaving her destitute.
Tanya’s tragedy moved us as we listened to her story on 947’s Anele and the Club.
Tanya's creche is also on the same property as her house and it wasn't badly damaged because her neighbours jumped in and extinguished the fire. Nonetheless, it will remain closed for the remainder of the week because of the amount of smoke inside.
In October last year, Tanya’s creche in Boksburg, made the news when her neighbours acquired two white tigers and kept them in their backyard overlooking the creche. The teachers at the creche got a shock when they looked up and saw a white tiger watching them. This made Tanya reach out to different organizations including 947 for help.
Therefore, when the station decided to do a follow-up on her story, they were met with tragic news. During the radio segment, Jo’burgers called in to offer support to the inconsolable Tanya.
LottoStar’s leading lady, Tasoulla Hurwitz, was also amongst them and gave a contribution of R100,000 to support Tanya.
We hope that the contribution will assist Tanya in rebuilding everything she has lost.